Episode 40 Overview–
Dr. Jeck sits down with the Fauquier County Sheriff Bob Mosier in this first episode of season four. The two discuss goals, challenges, successes and the impact of COVID and mental health issues on the Fauquier Community.
Fauquier County Sheriff Bob Mosier
Bob Mosier is a native Virginian with a distinguished career as a law enforcement professional. Bob’s career spans over 30 years in local, county, Federal Government, domestic, and international law enforcement. Bob started as a police dispatcher at age 19, and at 21 graduated with Top Overall Achievement as a Patrol Officer. Bob served at the local level and, based on his recognized skills and abilities, quickly moved up the ranks.
Bob Mosier was elected the 60th Sheriff of Fauquier County in November 2015 and took office on January 1, 2016. As Sheriff, he immediately implemented the plan which paved the way to change with the application to the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission for law enforcement accreditation.
- How have you changed professionally and personally since becoming Sheriff? What were you not expecting?
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? What is the most challenging?
- Moving forward, what goals do you have for the Sheriff’s Office?
- How do mental health issues impact your job/the job of your deputies?
- How has COVID impacted your job/the Sheriff’s Office in general?
Related Link(s) and Resources –
- Season 1 Episode 1 – With Special Guest, Sheriff Bob Mosier (published July 26, 2018)
- Norman Rockwell picture hanging in Dr. Jeck’s office:
Season 3 Sponsors –
- Stantec –
Stantec is the architectural firm for the project at Cedar Lee Middle School. We thank them and Bill Bradley and Derk Jeffrey in particular for agreeing to sponsor this podcast.
- Lovin’ Cup, LLC –
Lovin’ Cup is a personal chef business located in Orlean, Virginia. Feel free to contact Chef David for personal chef services at email@example.com or 434-996-7398.
Please note: The views expressed on this podcast are not necessarily the views of FCPS.